People sell jewelry for multiple reasons. Some have to sell for financial reasons whereas some are simply selling to get rid of unwanted or unneeded pieces. Whether you’re selling an old wedding ring or getting rid of dated bracelets and necklaces, selling jewelry can be an emotional experience. It’s important to know that pieces can have heavy, sentimental value. Making sure you are ready to sell should always be both a seller’s and jewelry buyers number one priority. Preparing yourself for the emotional process that involves selling sentimental jewelry is an important step. A good buyer will want to make sure you leave the transaction feeling confident in your decision that you got the top value possible.
Common Types of Jewelry to Sell
- Chains and pendants
Gold vs. Silver
Both gold and silver have attractive buying and selling qualities to them. Gold and silver both have a value determined by the spot price in the current market. This can fluctuate daily as basic principles of supply and demand are in effect. Although, gold and silver worth is at an all-time high currently making now the perfect time to sell if you are in need. Gold tends to be less heavy than silver, is valued higher, and has higher demand over the silver. Even with the significant differences, these both are great investments for both buying and selling to jewelry buyers.
Knowing if Your Jewelry is Valuable
- Get an appraisal. We always recommend having your jewelry appraised by a professional. It’s the only foolproof way to assure that your pieces are worth money. However, there are some basic principles that you can do at home to self-assess your jewelry first.
- Check the weight. Gold and silver are heavier than their fake counterparts.
- Inspect prongs on rings. High-end jewelry will not be glued into place. The prongs will strongly hold diamonds and stones in place.
- Look for hallmarks. On gold jewelry especially, you will see a stamp of 10k, 14k, 18k, 20k, or 24k. On platinum and silver, you’ll see common markings of 950, 925, or 800. Furthermore, large and well-known jewelers will have stamped their pieces.
- Overall quality. High-end jewelry will not cause skin coloration or tarnish into strange colors. Silver, over time, will tarnish slightly which is normal. Gold will never change its color.
Why Sell to Online Buyers
Selling online, in a fair and safe way, is a fairly new-to-the-market concept. Not only is it convenient, but it’s fast and confidential. Selling online takes the risk out of carrying around your expensive jewelry from place to place. You also get more money for your exchange when selling to online buyers, as the overhead costs are low. There is much less expensive for a seller who is located online-only, over a seller who has a brick and mortar shop needs to keep the lights on.
Choosing us as Your Jewelry Buyers Online
Selling your jewelry online has never been a safer, more secure, or more efficient way to get cash than now. We take pride in our transparency to sellers. We offer competitive, top-dollar pricing for your jewelry, and a fair market appraisal and payment available to you within 24 hours. If you aren’t satisfied with your offer, we will priority ship your valuables back, at no cost to you. Our Gold Cash Buyers team is here for any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at our toll-free number 1-877-857-6227.